- Award Winning Master Silversmith
- Known for high-end contemporary jewelry pieces incorporating traditional Navajo symbols
- 3x IACA Artist of the Year (2007, 2014, 2016)
- Best of the West by American Cowboy Magazine
- Recognized by Stetson Craftsman Alliance
- Awards at all the major art exhibitions and competitions, including SWAIA, Eiteljorge and Heard
Shane Hendren is an award-winning Navajo silversmith known for high-end contemporary jewelry pieces that incorporate traditional Navajo designs and symbols. Hendren studied jewelry-making at the Institute of American Indian Arts in Santa Fe. He has mastered many advanced metalsmithing techniques, including mokume-gane, a technique of fusing metals that was pioneered by Samurai swordsmiths in 17th century Japan. Selected as the 2007 Artist of the Year by the Indian Arts and Crafts Association, Hendren has also won awards at Santa Fe Indian Market and other prestigious shows. Hendren comes from a long line of New Mexican ranchers and inherited his grandmother’s ranch near Chaco Canyon.