Mary and Gerard Calabaza
- Renowned jewelers from the Pueblo of Santo Domingo
- Husband and wife duo known for handcrafting exquisite heishi jewelry
- Traditional heishi, contemporary, and statement pieces
- Best of Division Necklace at SWAIA 2017
- 1st Place Necklaces at SWAIA 2017
- 2nd Place Coordinated Sets at SWAIA 2017
Mary and Gerard Calabaza, jewelers from Santo Domingo Pueblo, are a husband and wife duo known for handcrafting exquisite heishi beads and creating beautiful statement necklaces in traditional and contemporary styles. Each piece they create is a unique work of art. Gerard learned the art of making heishi necklaces from his parents, Pula and Delphanita Calabaza, at the age of 13. Mary learned jewelry- and pottery-making from her parents, as well, at the age of 12. She credits her mother for teaching her how to drill, grind and slice stones. Mary married into the Calabaza family and joined her husband in the family legacy of making highly quality heishi necklace and jewelry.
Sorry, there are no products listed here currently.
Don’t worry! We might have what you’re looking for in our physical store. Contact our in-store experts by calling 505-724-3506 or contact us here.